Sims 3 downloads & the Pets Patch

Posted on October 30, 2011  |  Comments (46)  |  Banter, Free Sims 3 Downloads, PSA

Hey, just to let you guys know that I have updated all my sets to be compatible with the pets patch. I made the decision to ditch package files too, because people overwhelmingly download Sims3Packs, and its easy to convert them yourself if you want :)

If you want to save yourself the hassle of redownloading a ton of files, check out thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/ where you can download the tool to fix all the files in your game really, really easily.

Please let me know if there are any files that have been missed and I’ll sort them out quick sticks.

Update: Simple desk & Sutter Desk files fixed! Thanks for letting me know!

There has been 46 comments so far

1. 10 / 30 / 11

Izzy says:

YAY! Thank you soo much! I needed those beds….

2. 10 / 30 / 11

Sarah says:

Hehe, if you still encounter problems with the beds please let me know, I think it should be ok but you never know!

3. 10 / 30 / 11

Diana says:

Thank you so very very much! There seems to be two sets that aren’t downloadable, the files have been deleted, the simple desk and the sutter desk, just so you know. A sterling job, thank you! :D

4. 10 / 30 / 11

Smmi says:

Thank you for updating. I love all your mcm stuff. It’s beautiful.

5. 10 / 31 / 11

BMurph says:

Thank you for all your creations. I love and use almost all of them , as they certainly add to my enjoyment of the game. Forgive me for asking what might be a silly question, but now that your sets are updated, must I delete and re-install them all, or just re-download each one? Thank you again for sharing all that you do.

6. 10 / 31 / 11

Lisfyre says:

YAY!!! I can’t live without your stuff Sarah. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I fixed my existing files in my game already but having you update them is perfect because I’m redownloading everything from everyone so I have a whole new collection of post Pets patch CC. I’m keeping my pre-patched CC as a shopping list until I get everything :) I realize I won’t be 100% successful since some of the artists that created are no longer creating for one reason or another but I’m going to try!! Thanks again and have a wonderful day!!

7. 10 / 31 / 11

aknapoli says:

Thank you so much! As a mac user I have few options to fix my CC and redownloading is just easier.

8. 10 / 31 / 11

joedy says:

YAY!! Ive been waiting to hear those wonderful words form you. Many many many thanks.

9. 10 / 31 / 11

Katie says:

I’m so happy!
    My houses have been so yucky with out your stuff.

10. 11 / 01 / 11

Tranced says:

Thank you so much for fixing them for us! This is especially great for me because I use a Mac and cannot fix anything…… Love TSR for making the tools, sucks that they refuse to hire a Mac programmer to port any of their apps to work on OSX. Thanks again for your efforts!

11. 11 / 01 / 11

lukas says:

thank you so much but I have two problems with your modern designer kitchen. I can not put chairs at the counter and there are no slots .
    sorry for my english , i have this made with translate.google.com

12. 11 / 01 / 11

lukas says:

sorry for my english , i have this made with translate.google.com

13. 11 / 01 / 11

Ren says:

Thank you very much! I only have Macs, so impossible to use the software to update. Thank you for your creations. I am faithful for many years.

14. 11 / 01 / 11

Sarah says:

Hi Lukas, I will investigate the problem.

15. 11 / 01 / 11

Vivasolo says:

It’s such a good news,You are my favourite artists.
    There’s one thing i want to ask,If i could put your work on a chinaese wedsite (People can’t get on “Mediafire” there),Absolutely i will put on your name .
    Sorry about my bad English.
    Best wishes!~

16. 11 / 02 / 11

dergamer says:

thanks you !!!!
    I’ve found a mistake in the Comfort Bedroom.pets folder, there is the wrong bed

17. 11 / 02 / 11

Sarah says:

dergamer, thank you, the file is now fixed. Sorry about that!

18. 11 / 02 / 11

Vivasolo says:

I have tested all the files, Both of the kitchens & the Paola living set’s chair have a color miskate.

19. 11 / 02 / 11

Sarah says:

Hi Vivasolo, can you please explain further what the problem is? What do you mean by colour mistake?
    Are your kitchens installed as Sims3Packs? I think that counters need to be in order to function correctly. Also, for the chair, is it just the low poly version that is showing a whacky texture? I think it is the low LOD which has that problem, so possibly check your game settings.

20. 11 / 02 / 11

vivasolo says:

HI,Sarah.
    Hope i can show you a picture,because i’m not sure if my words make you understand clearly.
    Abou the counters,when you put them together.the one in the corner is just change it’s color by itself.
    For the chair,it’s just like what you say showing a whacky texture,but it a flash.
    Thanks for your answer.

21. 11 / 02 / 11

vivasolo says:

There’s one thing else,I can’t find the Fixed gift you put on “Living Sims”.Should i just to be patient or i didn’t get it right.

22. 11 / 03 / 11

sophi says:

hi sarah, there’s a problem with the slots in the kitchen

23. 11 / 03 / 11

Sarah says:

Vivasolo (and Sophi, too), can you tell me if you have the counter installed as sims3pack or package? Thanks :)

24. 11 / 03 / 11

Sarah says:

Hi sophi, you need to be more specific.

25. 11 / 03 / 11

Sarah says:

Hi Vivasolo and Sophi, please ensure you have the updated files installed, here is a picture of all the things in the modern kitchen set that have slots, and they all appear to be working fine. Also ensure you have counters installed as sims3packs.

26. 11 / 03 / 11

Encloped says:

Thanks for updating everything ^^

In the meantime I found a book at my library that you might like, maybe. Its called ‘A century of interior design 1900-2000′. Reason why I think you might like it is that it might be a pretty good resource for coming up with ideas if you ever get stuck on what to do next.

27. 11 / 04 / 11

Vivasolo says:

Thanks for testing.
    Sorry,I tryed again as sims3packs,it’s fine.

28. 11 / 04 / 11

Sarah says:

hey thanks for that suggestion Encloped!

29. 11 / 05 / 11

Doramar says:

Sarah:
    Infinitas gracias por tomarte el trabajo de actualizar tus bellas creaciones.
    Sos una Genia!!

30. 11 / 07 / 11

Kenny says:

Can someone help me out with the TSR Rigfix? Step 2.2 isn’t working for me, the popup you’re supposed to get on “Step 2.2 – Granny2.dll” doesn’t show up for me. Since TSR forums don’t work, I was wondering can someone tell me a fix to that problem? My “dcdb0.db” file also has this little lock thing on the icon.

31. 11 / 11 / 11

Sonia says:

My goodness. I just found your site and I must say, my immense love for mid-century furniture, decoration and design mixed with your sims creations caused my heart to explode upon arrival. I am pretty sure I just downloaded 95% of all your Sims3 stuff because it is all. absolutely. beautiful.
    You are a true genius, and I am so, so excited to play with all of your creations!
    Thank you!!

32. 11 / 15 / 11

Tiffany says:

I am having a problem downloading patterns. Every time I click on the link to download (where it usually brings me to media fire or wherever) a black page of garbled words appear. At first I thought it was just a problem with Safari, but I moved over to Firefox and had the same problem. It doesn’t happen with any of your object downloads, just patterns.

I love love love your stuff!

33. 11 / 24 / 11

BSCHH ben says:

hi!! love your stuff but the packages are useful to mac users because there is no sims3pack converter :(

34. 12 / 07 / 11

Jari says:

Hey there Sarah! LOVE your site I frequent daily to check for updates — it really makes my day when i see new goodies created by you!

I’m having a problem with some of my cc & i was wondering if you could help — I’m trying to delete old cc i don’t use anymore to free up some space & help my game run a little smoother yet when I delete files manually or from the game installer — the cc i thought i deleted still shows up when i run the game. Is there a program you can recommend or use to help me sort through & actually delete unwanted cc? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

35. 12 / 13 / 11

tammy says:

i am still having issues with the modern kitchen. it isnt working with pets.

36. 01 / 23 / 12

Devon says:

Oh no! SimPacks never install and on macs I have little options for converting to package files. ):

37. 01 / 26 / 12

Melissa says:

Hi – Thank you for updating everything! I’m on a Mac too and appreciate it – you are one of my very favorite designers! I can’t seem to find my favorite painting *anywhere* – It’s pictured on the wall in the second preview shot of the Hairpin Living Room (which is not tagged, BTW and only findable by searching) – the blue lady. Can you point me to where it is?

38. 01 / 27 / 12

Sookielee says:

Sarah, I just wanted to take a moment to thank-you for all of your uploads. I actually have every item and pattern in my game. In fact your creations are the only objects that I feel are must have CC (well indigo’s curtains too). Once again thank-you for all you hard work and I look forward to seeing your next inspiration come to fruition. Sookielee

39. 01 / 29 / 12

Contempo says:

Hi, Sarah
    First off let me say how much I love the content you post, it’s one of the reasons I refrained from returning the Sims 3 when I first bought it. The houses my sims own our decorated almost exclusively with you content and every item just clicks. But I did want to report that for some reason both of the beds you have made will not show up in my game since the wretched patch messed everything up. I think its because they’re in the .package format instead of a .sims3pack as my computer often times has difficulty handling the latter. If you could repost them in the .sims3pack format it would be great, and thanks again for all that you do!

40. 02 / 08 / 12

TeeBliss says:

I have your world Queenstown & it’s great, love it!
    But I noticed that there aren’t any households.. then I seen the link
    to download the saved game, which I downloaded, but not sure where to put the files..

I tried putting the files in the Downloads folder, then saves folder but neither works.. -_-

41. 03 / 10 / 12

Encloped says:

You doing okay Sarah?

42. 03 / 12 / 12

Kate says:

Hey, will you be making any Showtime updates for Queenstown? thanks!

43. 06 / 24 / 12

Misho says:

a kak skachat etu igru

44. 06 / 24 / 12

Justin says:

how i can download this game ? PLZ says me.

45. 03 / 16 / 13

Kat says:

Hi, I’ve been playing a stable game with base game, supernatural and ambitions installed. This week I added Pets and Latenight and have been having a ton of glitches. I’d like to uninstall Pets, thinking it may be the culprit. ***My question for you is, will your CC still work in my game if I don’t have pets installed? (sorry I’m kinda new and don’t know these things). The CC is more important to me than the expansion pack… I’m using a bunch of your stuff labeled “PETS” (as in, fixed for pets) — will it run without the pets expansion?
    Thanks so much for your beautiful items! You have a really great eye for design.

46. 08 / 09 / 13

Fiona Skye says:

Hi! I’ve been away from the Sims 3 community for nearly two years and the first site I looked for when I came back was this one! I love your Mid-century objects and have just downloaded nearly your entire website, but I will admit to being extremely disappointed to discover that because I don’t have Pets installed, I can’t use any of your newly updated objects.

Is there any chance of getting the old, non-Pets compatible files?